1 Which of the following nutrients has been shown to be a crucial factor in the development of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
Choline appears to be essential for prevention of fatty liver disease, as it is required to move fat out of your liver. Choline deficiency has been shown to result in fat buildup in the liver. Learn more.
- Vitamin B12
2 Which of the following statements is true?
- A greater number of post-Millennials have their driver’s license and drive than previous generations
- Post-Millennials spend more time alone than previous generations, engaged in online socialization rather than face-to-face
Abrupt changes in teen behavior and psychological health emerged around 2012. Post-millennials spend more time alone, engaged in online socialization rather than face-to-face; they drive less, date less, have less sex and have poorer social and work skills than previous generations. Learn more.
- Post-Millennials date more than previous generations
- Post-Millennials have more sex than previous generations
3 The most potent narcotic pain reliever on the U.S. market is:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the most potent opioid to date, Dsuvia (sufentanil), which is 1,000 times stronger than morphine, 50 times more potent than heroin, and 10 times stronger than the synthetic opioid fentanyl. Learn more.
4 Which of the following strategies has been scientifically validated as a way to boost mental health, significantly reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression?
- Colored light therapy
- Crystal healing
Practicing gratitude has been scientifically verified as a way to ease anxiety and depression. It also benefits your physical health and is the single best predictor of good relationships. Learn more.
5 The inner membrane of your mitochondria contains a component called cardiolipin, which needs the following nutrient in order to function properly and prevent tumor formation:
- Omega-3 fat DHA
The inner membrane of your mitochondria contains a component called cardiolipin, which needs to be saturated in the marine-based omega-3 fat docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in order to function properly and prevent tumor formation. Learn more.
- Omega-3 fat EPA
- Omega-6 linoleic acid
- Omega-9 fat
6 How does Boyan Slat, the Dutch inventor, plan to remove plastic from the oceans?
- Volunteers who will go to polluted areas in boats and use nets to retrieve the plastic
- A trash-collecting barge that works like an artificial coastline with long floating arms that catch plastic waste
Boyan Slat, a young Dutch entrepreneur, has invented an ingenious way to clean plastic debris from our oceans — a barge that works like an artificial coastline, catching plastic waste with long floating arms. Learn more.
- Chemicals that can catalyze the plastic to inert byproduct will be applied where the pieces are located
- Taxing producers of plastic and encouraging recycling
7 The most accurate way to measure your ketone levels is by:
- Breath analysis
- Blood testing
While ketones can be measured by blood, breath or urine testing, blood testing is the most accurate. Learn more.
- None; there’s no accurate way to test ketone bodies