1 Which of the following has been proven to be an essential component of a healthy ecosystem that regenerates land and promotes healthy soils?
- Laboratory-grown meat made from cell cultures
- Plant-based meat substitutes
- Concentrated animal feeding operations
- Holistic livestock management
Holistic livestock management has been shown to be an essential component of regenerative farming and the creation of healthy soils. Learn more.
2 Recent research shows glyphosate has multigenerational effects even at half of the no-observed-adverse-effect-level established by the European Food Safety Authority. Which of the following health problems are among the multigenerational effects triggered by glyphosate exposure during pregnancy?
- Diseases of the prostate, testes, ovaries and breasts
Recent research shows glyphosate has multigenerational effects. Pregnant rats exposed to half of the no-observed-adverse-effect-level of glyphosate established by the European Food Safety Authority between the eighth and 14th day of gestation had offspring with higher rates of birth defects, obesity and diseases of the kidneys, prostate, testes, ovaries and mammary glands (breasts). Learn more.
- Underweight and problems related to inadequate weight gain
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Dwarfism and gigantism
3 The following artificial sweetener has been shown to have no adverse effect on your gut microbiome:
- All artificial sweeteners currently marketed have been shown to adversely affect the gut microbiome
Research published in October 2018 showed all currently approved artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose, saccharin, neotame, advantame and acesulfame potassium-k) disrupt the gut microbiome, in part by damaging the bacteria’s DNA, and in part by interfering with their normal activities. Learn more.
4 Which of the following statements about cholesterol is correct?
- Cholesterol is a dangerous substance that should be kept as low as possible throughout life
- Cholesterol endangers cellular health by breaking down cellular membranes
- Cholesterol is necessary for the production of cell membranes and is vital for healthy neurological function
Cholesterol is found in your bloodstream and cells, and is necessary for the production of cell membranes. Cholesterol also plays an important role in the formation of memories and is vital for healthy neurological function. Higher cholesterol levels are associated with better brain health while low cholesterol levels have been shown to increase your risk of depression and suicide. Learn more.
- Cholesterol has never been shown to have any detrimental effects and should be as high as possible regardless of other factors
5 Which of the following is the largest tree-borne fruit in the world?
- Dragon fruit
- Passion fruit
Jackfruit can grow to enormous sizes, measuring between 4 and 24 inches in length and 10 to 30 inches in diameter, and can weigh between 10 and 100 pounds, making it the largest tree-borne fruit in the world. Learn more.
6 The following is an oft-ignored factor that contributes to the development of neuropsychiatric problems, including Alzheimer’s:
- Exposure to electromagnetic field (EMF) radiation from cellphones, cellphone towers, Wi-Fi routers and modems, baby monitors and “smart” devices of all kinds
EMFs have clear neuropsychiatric effects, triggering everything from foggy thinking and headaches to learning disabilities and Alzheimer’s. The rollout of 5G is bound to worsen such effects. Learn more.
- Spending too much time outdoors
- Excessive exercise, especially high-intensity exercise
- Insufficient water intake
7 Functional genetics analysis provides information about which of the following?
- Your entire genome or the sum total of your DNA and your risk for developing a particular disease
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of genes, which may be indicative of impaired enzyme function
Functional genetics looks for genetic defects (SNPs) that might be responsible for your disease pattern and provides nutritional intervention recommendations to restore homeostasis. NutriGenetic Research Institute is devoted to functional genomic testing, helping people understand the results, and how to apply it to improve their health. Learn more.
- Protein-coding DNA genes only
- Noncoding DNA only