We had a great time chatting with Tee Major, a personal trainer with a background in training the military and a passion for bodyweight exercises. Tee joined us to promote his book, Urban Calisthenics, which features almost 70 bodyweight exercises and 10 precision routines that focus on whole-body strength and conditioning. He’s all about working out properly and gradually building strength up to be your most bad-ass self!
Tee is also a new dad, so he especially wants to help parents make the most of the limited time they have. That’s why he loves coming up with all kinds of quick, effective workouts using minimal equipment. Seriously, he is super enthusiastic about engaging in old-school style calisthenics for functional fitness rather than putting in hours and hours at the gym. (And, as you can see, he’s even created some incredible new bodyweight-only moves!)
In addition, Tee talks about the joys of moving to Berlin (free kindergarten and the best bread you will ever have in your life!), as well as his advice for dealing with injuries. You’ll feel all kinds of inspiration after this ep.
A couple of our fave quotes and tips from this ep include …
Podcast Episode 106 Highlights With Tee Major
- The bodyweight moves he loves the most
- The exercises he continually sees people doing incorrectly (and how you should perform them)
- The biggest nutrition myth he enjoys busting
- How being a new dad has changed his life, his workouts, and his work
- How to make time for your workouts (like borrowing from “wasted time”)
- His experience as a male model and what fitness shoots are really like
- Warning: there’s an old school hip hop F-bomb at the end!
- Plus, we talk about whether or not we would feel comfortable offering suggestions to fellow gym-goers who are working out incorrectly — and we’d love for you to weigh in with your thoughts in the comments!
Get the episode with the Tee here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
What are your favorite bodyweight moves? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!