If you loved the first half of our interview with Patricia Moreno, creator of IntenSati, then Part 2 is gonna rock your socks, because none of us — Patricia included — hold anything back.
Patricia was, at one point, the highest paid instructor in New York City and consistently rated as “best instructor” year after year by top media outlets — but secretly, she was depressed and pursuing the notion of “thin at any cost.” Part 1 of this interview gets into how she shed her “fat-phobic” mentality and changed her life for the healthier, and in Part 2, we get into how the fitness industry can — and should — do better when it comes to presenting a healthier mindset for people to follow. She tells us that more honesty and transparency is needed in letting folks know the actual hard work involved to look like a fitness model, and she also pushes for less “fat talk” in group ex classes.
We also talk about the health issues which led her to teach less often, and Patricia shares why she doesn’t weigh herself anymore, plus the reasons she thinks people have such a hard time finding self-love.
And that’s not all! (See why we had to split this interview up?) We also get into the importance of gratitude and teaching kids to be more resilient. This is something Patricia feels very strongly about, because on top of all of the responsibilities she has running her own empire, she’s also the mom of an 8-year-old and twin 6-year old girls.
Here are a couple of our favorite quotes from this ep:
Like in previous Part 1, we are thrilled to have this episode sponsored by Inspire Bath!
All Inspire Bath products (we love the deodorant spray and body lotion you see above) are all-natural, smell great and use simple ingredients to help with body odor — totally free of baking soda, aluminum, oil and parabens. We’ve been using it for months now and it works! If you’re looking for an all-natural beauty line that is good for your body and skin, this is IT. Plus! For every bottle purchased Inspire Bath donates one to help build and empower women and girls at shelters and interim homes at the YWCA in St. Joseph, Missouri, for their domestic shelter and home for women and families. It’s a win-win!
Podcast Episode 104 Highlights With Patricia Moreno (Part 2):
- Her advice to fitness instructors and personal trainers about how they can truly help their clients be happy and healthy
- The morning ritual that energizes and inspires her
- Her very realistic advice for raising kids with self-confidence and teaching them to have a positive relationship with their bodies
- Why we all need to ask ourselves, “Why do you want it — and what’s the price you’re willing to pay?”
- Why our focus shouldn’t be on numbers, but rather on feeling
- How body image issues can still creep up — even after you think you’ve fully healed them
- Plus, we FBGs talk about “finding your why” and how fitness instructors and bloggers may feel especially scrutinized for their body types
Get the episode with the Patricia Moreno here or below!
Get more info on our podcast here and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you never miss an episode!
What is YOUR why? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make the world a healthier place together!