Chicken noodle soup is comfort food that both adults and kids love. When you don’t have the time or the energy to make long simmered, all-day chicken soup, this is the recipe you need. In about an hour you’ll be slurping noodles from a bowl filled with rich, flavorful broth, chicken and yes, you read that right, noodles.
Shirataki noodles, a low-carb noodle alternative, make a tasty stir-fry and are eminently delicious in a bowl of soup. These almost flavorless noodles soak up some of the flavor in the broth, which is made using only dark meat for the richest flavor. The shredded thigh meat mixed in with the noodles makes a filling and satisfying bowl of chicken noodle soup. Low-carb, richly flavorful, and quick and easy means that this is chicken noodle soup everyone can love.
Time in the Kitchen: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 thighs/1.1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or avocado oil (30 ml)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 celery stalks, cut into ½-inch half-moons
- 1 onion, chopped (either finely diced or bigger chunks, whichever you prefer)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons salt (10 ml)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns (5 ml)
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken stock or water (1.6 L)
- 1 package/7 ounces/200 g shirataki angel hair noodles
Using the sauté function on an electric pressure cooker, heat the butter or oil. Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
Add the chicken. Season everything in the pot with salt. Add peppercorns and bay leaf. Add the chicken stock or water.
Lock the lid in place, seal the vent, and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Release the pressure manually.
Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. When the meat is cool enough to handle, shred the meat off the bones, and return the meat to the pot.
Turn the pressure cooker to “sauté” mode, bringing the broth to a simmer.
Open the package of shirataki noodles and drain the noodles in a colander. Rinse well under cold water.
Add the rinsed shirataki noodles to the soup. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
- Calories: 238
- Carbs: 6 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Protein: 24 grams
})( jQuery );
eventCategory: ‘Ad Impression’,