Double Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies
Author: Alyson Rose
- ½ cup boiled sweet potato (mashed), skin removed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon stevia extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling over the top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with coconut oil (or butter).
- Beat together ½ cup mashed sweet potato with eggs, butter and vanilla. You can do this in the blender or with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, stevia extract, sea salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture and stir until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into baking dish and use a spatula to smooth the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Hey guys- Alyson here, Abel’s boo, and I’ve concocted a chocolatey creation so gooey and rich that no one will ever guess the “secret ingredient.”
(Well, unless you read the title of this post…)
These real food and Wild-Approved brownies will make you the hero at the next company picnic and tailgate party alike.
Bring a batch to your dad for Father’s Day (you can mention the sweet potato he accidentally ate after he polishes off 2 – 3 of them).
That’s right, sneaky lil’ sweet potatoes are hiding in these brownies!
I know what you’re thinking… “Why in the world would you put potatoes in brownies?”
Because these tasty tubers are the superstar of starches, boasting a high amount of Vitamin A, plus potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
Sweet potatoes are a filling and slow-burning carb great for filling up, boosting prostate health, as well as nourishing glowing skin and a healthy gut.
Plus, they make the brownies moist and rich, just like brownies should be.
From our kitchen to yours, we hope you like them!
If you’re looking for more Wild dessert recipes, check out the Fat-Burning Tribe to access our entire library. We even have cupcakes. (Mmm, cupcakes.)
Share your Double Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownie pics with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and in the comments below. (C’mon, make us drool!)