Does anyone remember my very famous street corn pasta salad? Well that’s exactly where this incredible cilantro pesto is adapted from (the original version uses cashews). It’s vibrant, herby, fresh, flavorful and unbelievable on just about anything you can dream up. In fact, I even put it on my date night shrimp pasta and it was UNREAL and tasted like something straight out of a restaurant.
The best part about this cilantro pesto? You can easily sub cashews, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds or even sunflower seeds for the pistachios.
Pistachio pesto ingredients
You’re going to love how easy and flavorful this cilantro pistachio pesto recipe is with just a handful of simple ingredients. It’s actually made without basil or pine nuts! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh cilantro: many traditional pesto recipes use basil in their ingredients but we’re mixing it up with fresh cilantro aka my life blood.
- Roasted pistachios: pistachios add a wonderful nutty flavor in place of traditional pine nuts.
- Jalapeño: add a kick of heat with jalapeño, or feel free to omit if you’re sensitive to spice.
- Garlic: garlic is a must for pesto recipes.
- Lime juice: a squeeze of fresh lime juice adds a lovely brightness to the pistachio pesto.
- Oil: you’ll just need a couple tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil to be able to blend up the pesto nicely.
- Salt & pepper: to bring out all of the flavors.
- Water: to thin the pistachio pesto a bit.
This healthy pistachio pesto…