A virtual race is a race that you can run (or walk) anywhere (most of the time around your own neighborhood). You get to choose the location, route, day and time! Then, you run your own pace and check in online to make it official and receive your medal.
Everything is done virtually so you register for the race online or via an app, train for the race yourself, run the race and check in with the race organizers to have it recorded.
There are tons of different types of virtual races! The dates and run distances vary, just like traditional races. But there’s also a lot options you can choose from regarding the ‘perks’, swag, training, community and more. Along with this – prices for virtual races can vary a lot too.
- Find the virtual race you want to complete. (See below for how to find a virtual race)
- Register to make it official.
- Note any of the ‘rules’ required to complete the race and receive your medal or swag.
- Choose your Race Date and put it in your calendar.
- Find a training plan that will help you get ready for the race.
- Train hard.
- Have fun!
- Run the Virtual Race!!
- Report the required information to the race organization to make it official and get your medal (or finisher’s swag).
NOTE: Listen to the Run Eat Repeat Podcast episode series on virtual races for more!
We’re talking about 7 Steps to Train for a Virtual Race and 7 Tips to Run Your BEST Virtual Race!
The great news is – there are so many options! You get to decide which race, distance, date and the…