Since we’re all trying to eat more plant based foods in 2020, I thought I’d bring you a recipe for my delicious vegan black bean burgers!
These black bean burgers are infused with garlic, cumin, chili pwoder and extra veggies like shredded carrots for texture–plus they’re great for freezing, and even pack right around 10g protein per serving! What more could you want?
Ingredients in vegan black bean burgers
The base of these easy vegan black bean burgers is super easy and made with ingredients you likely have on-hand. You’ll need:
- Black beans: the base of this vegan burger recipe is black beans. They’re easy to mix with the other ingredients to form delicious, protein & fiber packed patties.
- Red onion & carrots: I love sneaking some veggies into the patties with a little red onion and carrot. They also add the perfect amount of moisture.
- Garlic: for delicious flavor in the vegan burger patty.
- Olive oil: you’ll cook the onion & carrots in a bit of olive oil to soften them before adding to the patties.
- A flax egg: to keep these black bean burgers vegan we’re using a flax egg instead of a regular egg. A flax egg is just 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- Oat flour: we’re using oat flour in this recipe to help bind the burgers together. keep these vegan black bean burgers gluten free by using a gluten free oat flour, and you can easily make your own oat flour at home. See how to here! Breadcrumbs will also work if you…