1. Heat the milk to lukewarm and pour into a bowl.
2. Add the yeast and stir around.
3. Separate the eggs, reserve the egg whites, whisk the yolks and add them to the milk along with the flours and salt. Stir around until smooth.
4. Cover with a cloth and let sit in room temp for 40 minutes to activate and rise.
5. Whip the aquafaba until stiff and fluffy.
6. Fold it into the batter.
7. Add coconut oil to a large non-stick pan on medium heat and 4-5 dollops of batter to it at the same time. Let fry for about a minute before flipping and frying for a minute on the other side.
8. Place them all on a rack separated with baking paper. (Makes around 30, depending on the size).
Making the Avocado Cream
1. Place all ingredients (but only half the water) in a blender.
2. Blend on high speed until completely smooth. Add more water if needed. The consistency should be thick, creamy, fluffy and smooth.
3. Taste and adjust the amount of lemon juice and salt to your liking.
4. Spoon into a piping bag or jar and place in the fridge.
Making the Buckwheat Crunch
1. Set the oven to 180°C / 360°F.
2. Stir together olive oil, mustard, maple syrup and salt in a small bowl.
3. Add the buckwheat and stir around until all is coated.
4. Tip onto a baking tray covered with baking paper and place in the oven.
5. Roast for approx 20 minutes, stirring the buckwheat halfway through to prevent it from burning.
6. Let cool and store in an air-tight jar in room temperature (for…