Game Day food is best eaten by hand, am I right? And it doesn’t get better (or easier) than these Chimichurri Street Tacos. They’re easy to prepare and will please meat-eaters, vegetarians, and vegans alike.
Picture this: beef strips (or tofu!) smothered in a zesty chimichurri sauce, with bright sauteed peppers and onions, all wrapped in a fresh tortilla. Pair these with our high-protein nachos, and you’ve got a big game spread that’s sure to be a touchdown (yes, pun intended).
The best part? Just set the fillings out and let your guests build their own taco. Party planning is done.
Makes 8-12 tacos
You can prepare your beef on the grill then slice it or start with slices and bake it in the oven (shown in this recipe).
- 1 lb top sirloin (or cut of your choice), cut into thin slices
- 4 oz extra firm Tofu, well-drained and diced
- 4 oz shiitake or portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into slices
- 2 cups raw red cabbage, shredded
- 12 small corn or flour “street taco” shells
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt for topping (optional)
Makes 2-3 cups
Traditional chimichurri sauces use more oil, however, I scaled back on the oil and replaced it with water. This recipe uses avocado oil in place of traditional olive oil, but olive oil is a fine option. The amount of sauce you get will depend on how much water you add.
- 1 packed cup flat parsley
- 1 shallot, cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves…