Is your new Instant Pot still in the box? Have no fear! Here are three beginner Instant Pot recipes to get you started.
If you have an Instant Pot but are afraid to use it, I feel your pain. I’m embarrassed to say that mine sat in the box for a solid two months before I worked up the nerve to unpack it and figure it out.
But all it takes is little success to build confidence. After making these three beginner Instant Pot recipes, you’ll be ready to take on the vast and exciting IP world like a pro. And you’ll stock a few healthy staples in the meantime.
Here are a few Instant Pot basics to keep in mind first:
- Be sure your Instant Pot steam release handle is set to “Sealing” during cooking. You’ll find the steam release handle on the top of the lid.
- Always make sure that the silver valve (next to the steam release handle shown above) has dropped down completely before opening the Instant Pot.
- To safely release the pressure, place a kitchen towel over the steam release handle and then push handle to “Venting”. After the steam releases, you will hear the silver valve drop. Then it’s safe to open.
- You need to include some kind of liquid when cooking in the Instant Pot. Do not try to cook without liquid.
- For hard-boiled eggs, place the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot at the bottom, then place the eggs on top. Here’s what it will look like:
- When making IP chicken, place chicken right into broth, no need for the trivet. Here’s what it will…