Wild Chicken Enchiladas
Author: Alyson Rose
Serves: 2 – 4
Wild Enchilada Sauce
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10-ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 cups chicken, shredded (leftover)
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- More optional toppings: guacamole, salsa, fermented sour cream, lettuce and/or cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the arrowroot starch and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thick and bubbly. Add the chili powder and cook another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken broth, tomato paste, oregano, cumin, and salt. Stir and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer 15 minutes until sauce is thick and bubbly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat one teaspoon of butter in a small omelet or crepe pan set over medium-high heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup beaten egg into the pan and swirl to make a large, thin omelet.
- Heat until bubbly and edge is crisp. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining egg to create 6 – 8 omelet tortillas.
Assemble Chicken Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Spread ¼ cup sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Divide chicken and spinach evenly between the egg tortillas, lining the filling up in the center of each. Sprinkle with hot sauce and cheese (if using).
- Roll the tortillas, leaving ends open, and lay side-by-side in the casserole dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and a sprinkle of cheese (optional).
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with toppings like guacamole, salsa, fermented sour cream, lettuce and/or chopped cilantro.
Hey there! Abel and I just got back from a month long road trip and we’re getting ready to announce some big news.
We’ll be sharing details very soon. But in the meantime, this…
When you’re in the middle of a busy week (like this one), eating right can be tough. That’s when we knock out a pan of comfort food like these low-carb Wild Chicken Enchiladas.
Thin omelets make quick, low-carb wraps for these spicy shredded chicken #enchiladas. Click To Tweet
These Enchiladas are a favorite in our community, the Fat-Burning Tribe. Here’s what some of our members are cooking up in their own kitchens…
These low-carb Chicken #Enchiladas are a new favorite. Click To Tweet
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out Abel’s article on how to save money on good quality pastured chicken, beef, pork and seafood at the grocery store.
Want More Fat-Burning Recipes?
If you want to start dropping pounds by eating real food, like these smothered Chicken Enchiladas, we’ve got just what you’re looking for…
Join our Fat-Burning Tribe today for a discount and get instant access to our favorite recipes, meal plans, videos and more.
Be sure to take a picture of the whole enchilada, and share it with us on Twitter @fatburnman, Facebook, or Instagram @fatburningman.
And leave a comment below to let us know how it turns out. For reals!