The Keto Reset Instant Pot Cookbook is getting a big discount, a full day before the rest of Prime Day kicks in: $3.99 for the Kindle book, 20% off the physical book. If you haven’t picked it up yet, you’re missing out. Sale starts at 8:35 a.m. PDT and ends at 2:35 p.m. PDT. Later this afternoon from 4:10 p.m. to 10:10 p.m. PDT, 12-pack PRIMAL KITCHEN® Bars (all flavors) will be discounted 35%, too.
Research of the Week
Dog food with legumes tied to heart disease.
Advanced glycation end products have no relationship to inflammation or obesity in healthy teens.
Air pollution may be responsible for a lot of diabetes.
The more cushioned the running shoe, the harder the impact.
Smiley scientists achieve more.
Having a black doctor reduces black cardiovascular mortality.
Wearing a tie cuts brain circulation.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
Interesting Blog Posts
Finger strength tips from a Spanish climber.
Foggy brain? Blame adenosine (and consider coffee).
Human prehistory is far more complicated than we ever imagined.
The US trade war with China may hit soy hard.
It’s the lifestyle, not the calories.
In case herring ice cream isn’t enough for you, they’ve also got raw herring ice cream.
The mayor of Lancaster, CA read that necktie paper too.
Otzi the Iceman had goat fat, deer meat, ferns, and ancient wheat in his belly when he died.
The world is far more urban than we thought.
Would you try this?
Things I’m Up to and Interested In
I feel like I’ve seen this study a dozen times, but I’m still happy to welcome it: Full-fat dairy appears to be healthy.
N=1 experiment I enjoyed: The great Vitamin K2 experiment.
Glad to see this misconception targeted: Plenty of people lived to an old age in ancient times.
Amazing new medical technique: Injecting new mitochondria revives dying organs.
Great op-ed with whose op I agree: It’s the carbs, not the fat.
- Peaches are in, so make watercress with seared prosciutto and peaches.
- Keto chipotle lime tacos. I can think of a chipotle mayo that would make a nice topping… Just make sure you use meat, not the vegan replacement.
One year ago (Jul 8– Jul 14)
- CrossFit’s Criticism: How Do I Eat Enough Calories on Primal? – Is it possible to support CrossFit energy needs on a Primal way of eating?
- Need to Know Factors for Bone Health – Get better bones.
Comment of the Week
“Please tell me you were joking when you wrote ‘everyday staple foods like whale blubber and Angle fish liver.’?”
– I’m not sure what you’re implying, Jenny. I just took a trip to Costco and now have half a ton of bowhead whale blubber hanging in my curing room and a few boxes of canned angle fish liver (was on sale) in my pantry. About half the folks in checkout had the same in their carts.
})( jQuery );