Why serve bland chicken breast in Cobb salad, when spicy chicken wings taste so much better? This salad is especially great for parties and potlucks. A big, colorful Cobb salad is always a hit. Plus, it’s easy (and affordable) to grill up a bunch of chicken wings for a crowd.
These chicken wings are delicious hot off the grill (or out from under the broiler), but if you want to make this salad ahead of time, go for it. The wings are just as good chilled from the refrigerator.
A Cobb salad is really just another Big-Ass Salad, with all sorts of good things thrown in. Tomato, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, and blue cheese are the classic Cobb combination. There’s no reason to stop there. Go ahead and pile on all your favorite healthy salad fixings (along with your favorite PRIMAL KITCHEN® dressing), for a deluxe Cobb salad that can feed a crowd.
Time in the Kitchen: 1 hour
- 2 pounds chicken wings/drumettes (900 g)
- 2 tablespoons PRIMAL KITCHEN Avocado Oil (30 ml) https://www.marksdailyapple.com/12-surprising-things-you-can-do-with-avocado-oil/
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (2.5 ml)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (2.5 ml)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- Butter lettuce or romaine, ripped into bite-sized leaves
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese (85 g)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes (226 g)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Kefir salad dressing https://www.marksdailyapple.com/kefir-marinated-chicken/ or PRIMAL KITCHEN dressing of choice
Other optional salad ingredients: Nuts, olives, chives, bell peppers, mushrooms, shredded carrot, shredded beets,
Toss the wings with avocado oil. Season with salt and paprika.
Heat grill to medium heat. Grill the wings, with the cover down, until wings are browned and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Flip wings 2 or 3 times while grilling.
Spread wings out on a rimmed baking sheet. Heat broiler to high, with a rack 6 inches from the flame. Broil 15 to 20 minutes, until wings are browned and crispy. Turn the wings several times as they cook. Expect some smoking from the rendered fat.
While the wings cook, combine butter, hot sauce and vinegar in a large bowl. Toss the cooked wings in the mixture until evenly coasted. Return wings to the grill or broiler for a few minutes more, until sizzling.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss with kefir salad dressing, and serve spicy chicken wings on top.