It takes a lot of work to get a rock-hard body. But it’s not just about putting in time at the gym. As Brazilian bombshell Muri Rodrigues knows, beauty and fitness come from the inside out.
Rodrigues, who attracted a large international following through the popular Brazilian TV show Legendario, is currently a spokesmodel for MuscleMeds Performance Nutrition and for Nutri Import, the largest distributor in Brazil of the supplement brand. Her work has brought her around the world, providing nutrition, exercise, and supplement advice to thousands of fans.
Her travels inspired Rodrigues to launch BeautiFit, a new program promoting the synergistic relationship between fitness and lifestyle changes. “If a woman wants to achieve both beauty and a fit, curvaceous body, she needs to first focus on being healthy,” explains Rodrigues. “If you eat a well-balanced diet and pay close attention to the little things that matter most, you will see the results you want.”
While her conditioning routine clearly plays an important role in achieving her sculpted physique, Rodrigues emphasizes that her goal isn’t necessarily just to get cut abs or shapely glutes. “Beauty starts with a healthy diet, low-stress lifestyle, and focused fitness,” she explains. “You can work out all you want, but if you don’t eat right or get enough sleep, you won’t look your best. It’s a well-rounded fitness regimen that will provide the great skin, lean body, and beautiful aura you’re seeking.”
Rodrigues’ own beauty and diet program begins with foods rich in omega fatty acids, high-fiber carbs, and lean protein, plus probiotics for internal balance and healthy skin. Obtaining eight hours of restful sleep nightly is also very important to avoid dark circles and bags under the eyes. “The key to attaining beautiful skin and hair and a fabulously fit body is to focus all your efforts on being healthy,” she concludes. “Everything else you are seeking will follow. Pay attention to the little things and enjoy the end rewards!”
7 Ways to Achieve a BeautiFit Body
Rodrigues suggests you follow these tenets to help keep yourself on track:
- Keep your protein, carbs, and fat intake in balance, choosing mostly low-fat protein sources. Among her favorite choices: sushi. “Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids,” says Rodrigues.
- Choose green veggies and fruits daily for their amazing skin health benefits. “I favor berries—blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, anything berry!”
- Get eight hours of sleep each night. “This isn’t always possible, but don’t stay up watching TV or surfing on your phone. Turn the lights out and get your rest!”
- Drink plenty of water. Staying properly hydrated is essential for beautiful skin, performance in the gym, and overall health.
- Don’t get too much sun exposure, especially on your face. “A tan may help you look good, but over time the sun will age your skin,” explains Rodrigues.
- Exercise daily. Even if you have time only to stretch or do some light cardio or ab exercises, staying active helps to burn calories and shape your body while boosting your health.
- Make sure your resistance training is effective by keeping the weights challenging and working hard, rather than just going through the motions.
In addition to working out, following a clean diet, and keeping the rest of her life in balance, Rodrigues makes sure to maintain a daily supplement routine. Here are some of her favorite options for staying beautiful inside and out:
- Bee propolis (a compound produced by bees to help build hives)
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin E
- Carnivor Beef Protein
- Amino Decante
Follow Muri Rodrigues on Instagram @MuriRodriguesFit.