- Fresh minced garlic, to taste
- Chopped fresh basil, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed, chopped into 1inch pieces
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp
- 1 cup cooked brown rice pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over low heat, sauté the garlic, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in the oil.
- Add the asparagus and shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is bright green. Add the pasta and spinach.
- Fold together and cook until the spinach is gently wilted.
- Transfer to a plate, top with Parmesan, and serve.
SEE ALSO: 10-Minute Shrimp Stir-Fry
LETTUCE-WRAPPED TURKEY BURGER WITH BAKED SWEET POTATO
For the lettuce-wrapped turkey burger:
- 1 turkey patty, store-bought of homemade (see Notes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 large leaf iceberg or romaine lettuce
For the baked sweet potato:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
To make the lettuce-wrapped turkey burger:
- To make a homemade turkey patty, you will need 5 ounces 93% lean ground turkey.
- In a bowl, use a fork to combine the meat and spices. Use your hands to form the meat into a patty.
- Sprinkle the turkey patty evenly on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray the skillet with the cooking spray and add the turkey patty.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes per inch of thickness on each side.
- Remove from the pan and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and wrap in lettuce to finish.
To make the baked sweet potato:
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰ F.
- Using a fork, prick some holes all over the sweet potato.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a knife is easily inserted into the center.
- Slice the potato open and sprinkle with salt and pepper (if using). (See below for microwave option.)
- Transfer to the plate with the burger and serve.
To cook a sweet potato in the microwave, simply prick some holes all over the sweet potato, wrap it in a wet paper towel, place in the microwave on a microwave-safe dish, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft.
*DO NOT USE FOIL IN THE MICROWAVE.
SEE ALSO: Turkey and Black Bean Burrito Recipe