Fudgey Carob Peanut Butter Bars
Fudgey peanut butter bars with fatty duck eggs and chunks of homemade carob.
Author: Alyson Rose
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 cup coconut butter (or another cup of peanut butter if you’re feeling crazy)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 duck eggs (or chicken eggs — the fattier duck eggs make for a richer treat)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup homemade carob chunks* (or dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 11×7 glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a small sauce pan, stir together peanut butter, coconut butter, and coconut oil over lowest heat until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, coconut palm sugar, and stevia, and mix well.
- Stir in chopped almonds and carob chunks, and spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until done. Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight. The magic happens when it’s chilled and fudgey.
*For homemade carob chunks, mix together ½ cup carob powder, ½ cup coconut oil (melted), 1 tbsp vanilla, ¼ tea salt, 1/8 teaspoon stevia, 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar. Mix until combined (add more salt or sweetener, if desired). Pour into a wax paper-lined dish or bowl (so the mix is about ¼” thick), and freeze until hard. Break/cut into chunks.
We received a TON of requests for this recipe after mentioning it in an email. So, here it is. Enjoy!
These Fudgey Carob Peanut Butter Bars are perfect for a post-workout treat.
Our Fudgey Carob Peanut Butter Bars recipe comes together quickly and uses ingredients you probably already have.
Enjoy, and leave a comment below to let us know if you made any substitutions and how they turn out.
LEARN HOW TO DROP 20 POUNDS IN 40 DAYS WITH REAL FOOD
Do you need more clean-eating ideas, meals on the go, or fat-melting desserts? This Fudgey Carob Peanut Butter Bars recipe is just one of many you’ll enjoy as member of the Fat-Burning Tribe.
If you hurry, you can check out the Fat-Burning Tribe and participate in our upcoming challenges, and access our library of recipes and videos for free for the first 7 days (cancel anytime!).
Did you make these Fudgey Carob Peanut Butter Bars? Share a pic with us on our social media: Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.