Spinach, Goat Cheese & Bacon Egg Muffins
These Easy Grab & Go Egg Muffins are Loaded with Spinach, Goat Cheese, Bacon and Bell Pepper
Author: Alyson Bridge
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 9 large eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 – 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or other fat, for greasing
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chop bacon into small pieces and cook in a skillet set over medium heat, stirring regularly, until crisp, about 5 – 7 minutes. Scoop onto a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a standard 1-dozen muffin tin with bacon grease. Set aside.
- Place the thawed spinach in a fine mesh sieve set over the sink. Press with the back of a wooden spoon to press out as much water as possible.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in the spinach, diced bell pepper, half of the goat cheese (if using) and half of the bacon.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the greased muffin cups. Top with remaining goat cheese and bacon.
- Bake 15 – 18 minutes, or until the egg-muffins are fluffy and set in the center. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
Move over Egg McMuffins. There’s a cooler, tastier (and far healthier) kid in town.
Our wild-style “muffins” are just as convenient, and way more nourishing than anything you’ll find at McDonalds or Jack in the Box.
These Egg Muffins are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. Click To Tweet
Crispy bacon and crunchy red pepper pieces merge with smooth, tangy goat cheese and the green goodness of spinach to create a symphony of flavors.
And without the ups and downs of the usual carb-heavy breakfast, you can be at your best all morning long.
These gluten-free egg muffins couldn’t be much easier to make.
Prepare them ahead of time and enjoy them for up to 3 days.
Just 5 minutes of prep time, let them do their thing in the oven, and you’re all set for more than half of the work week.
All you have to do is wake up, smile and grab a “muffin” to go (ok, you might need to put pants on, too).
Want all your meals planned for you? Be sure to check out the Fat-Burning Tribe to download our 30-Day Wild Meal Plan each month—packed with color photos, step-by-step instructions, and helpful tips.
How did your Egg Muffins turn out?
Share a picture with us on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, and leave a comment below.