Bacon, Egg & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
Author: Alyson Rose
- 6 eggs
- 2 green plantains
- 4 strips of nitrite/nitrate-free bacon
- 4 slices of grass-fed cheddar cheese (optional)
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce or other lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 grapefruit, sliced (optional side)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Blend 2 eggs and 2 green plantains in the blender, until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Cook 4 strips of bacon over medium-low, flipping once, until done. Pour bacon fat into a small dish and use as needed for cooking. Set bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook 4 eggs over easy. Optional: Crack eggs into the ring of a mason jar lid to cook eggs into circular patty. If using cheese, add a slice of cheese the tops of the eggs, after flipping. Set aside with bacon.
- Add a bit of bacon grease or other fat to the skillet, and ladle plantain-egg batter into the pan into 4 pancakes. Cook until the top starts to bubble and dry out and underside is lightly brown. Flip and continue to cook, until done. Repeat to make 4 more pancakes.
- Sprinkle the tops of the pancakes with sea salt.
- Add pancake buns to serving plates and top with lettuce, egg, bacon, avocado slices and a dash of hot sauce (if using). Top with remaining pancake buns.
- Serve with a side of sliced grapefruit.
Hey there! This is Alyson, Abel’s kitchen copilot, here to tell you that I totally get it. Sometimes, you just want real comfort food.
The good news is that you can have comfort food like this hearty breakfast sandwich that drips down your arm and is so good you lick every finger when you’re done.
The best part?
This savory, drippy, scrumptious breakfast sandwich keeps you in fat-melting mode. Click To Tweet
Layer on the egg and you’ve got a whole host of vitamins and minerals including B6, B12, zinc, iron and copper and fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, not to mention hunger-busting protein.
Avocados are high fiber, low carb, packed with anti-inflammatory oleic acid, and for the bonus—eating avocado with a meal helps you feel fuller.
The bacon is bacon. Enough said.
All this nutrition smashed between two plantain pancakes (which are a fat-burning resistant starch, I might add), makes a comfort food meal that you can be comfortable eating.
Want More Tasty Fat-Burning Recipes?
This is just one recipe in a huge library of delicious fat-melting meals available to the members of our Fat-Burning Tribe.
One of the most important factors in making a real food transformation is the support of like-minded people.
That’s where the Fat-Burning Tribe comes in—it’s an amazing group of people sharing their journey, inspiring each other, and tapping into a wealth of life-changing knowledge about health and wellness.
In the Tribe, we run challenges, initiate conversations, share member recipes, and we have libraries of helpful videos, articles, and recipes from our own kitchen.
Plus, there’s something that our Tribe members are raving about—Monthly Meal Plans complete with full recipes, shopping lists, and meal prep. These include delicious Wild fat-melting recipes like Chicken Enchiladas and Sweet Potato Brownies!
Tribe Member Alexandra says:
I made The Wild Diet’s creamy cashew Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles. I ended up adding some chicken too. I felt like I was eating real comfort food, like Olive Garden or something. It was fantastic! Completely recommend it!
Tribe Member Jimmie says:
Down 60 lbs over the last 3 months.
And JP and his wife lost a collective 70 lb going Wild:
My wife and I lost 20# and 50# respectively. (She had our first child and then was pregnant with our second and I had “sympathy” weight)…
Between 2013 and dec 2015 I gained 30# from 168 to 198. Started the Wild Diet, intermittent fasting and sporadic Max Insanity 30 in Feb 2016 and today back to 168! (Roughly 3 months!)
Thanks to Abel James Bascom, Alyson Rose, Kurt Morgan, and Shaun T for educating me and arming me with a sustainable lifestyle!
Thousand of Tribe members from all over the world are shedding fat, healing their adrenals, boosting their energy, and rocking life with the support of one another!
And because we believe in this group and we believe in you, we’ve slashed the price of our Fat-Burning Tribe Membership so you can try it for free for 7 days.
Try the Fat-Burning Tribe risk-free for 7 days
Come join in on the conversation! We’d love to meet you.
Did you try this breakfast sandwich recipe? Leave a comment below to let us know how it turned out!